Defence suppliers and service providers are constantly being asked to deliver higher levels of service and equipment support. With Unipart Logistics, our experience in the defence sector offers just that. Our comprehensive range of defence services include:
- Reverse logistics
- Direct line feed
- Supply chain consulting
- Market-leading continuous improvement solutions founded on the Unipart Way of working.
Optimised supply chain performance
Optimised supply chain performance is increasingly recognised as a way of addressing challenges and gaining competitive advantage.
Key challenges include:
- Growing customer demands for innovation and reform
- Provision of a managed service portfolio
- Long term commitments with risk transfer to supply chain
- Expectation for through-life efficiencies that reduce whole life costs
- The ability to Contract for Availability (CfA) and offer Performance Based Logistics (PBL)
- Global reach with enhanced visibility and control of assets
- Customer focused solutions that are responsive, flexible and reliable
As a result, defence primes are using supply chain organisations to provide non-core services and expand their operating capabilities. Our global infrastructure allows providing truly global support under performance-based support arrangements that include secure warehousing and security-cleared personnel.
Long term partnership with leading Aerospace & Defence manufacturer.
Thales UK has worked with Unipart since 2000, designing supply chain solutions that provide dedicated support directly to the UK MoD on a wide range of platforms.
“We recognised that the support element was different, carrying risks and operations outside our core competencies. We searched the marketplace for a partner – not a subcontractor, but a partner- and Unipart emerged as the clear winner.”