Forecasting demand for aftermarket logistics
Unipart has a vast experience in forecasting and demand planning for the aftermarket sector. The Company’s expertise has grown from the foundations of our automotive heritage and is well developed across many sectors, including Technology, Consumer and Industrial.
Unipart prides itself on delivering constant step changes in performance for its customer whilst reducing the supply chain costs and inventory investment. Forecasting and demand planning are critical to achieving this optimal balance between service and costs.
Working with our customers, setting the direction and strategy for the desired outcome is imperative in ensuring the correct forecasting and planning parameters are applied.
We focus on the service provided to our direct customer and to the end consumer or business customer. Unipart Logistics can provide a proven yet personalised system that optimises the trade-off between service costs and inventory. Our inventory management services include:
Design and implementation of inventory policies
- Consulting and design services to free tied-up capital
- Operational solutions to sustain best practice inventory management
Unipart Business Systems: implementation and management of processes
UBS has pioneered solutions to help inventory management and provide a cutting edge to your forecasting, expediting and reporting needs. Unipart have many years of experience putting these systems in a variety of industries worldwide, providing global support ensuring your demand and inventory data is secure and being utilised to its full potential.
Unipart’s Replenishment System is a specialist forecasting and scheduling inventory management system and has a proven track record in managing complex supply chains and networks on a global level. It is proven in the market and has been adapted to meet many of our client’s specific requirements. The system is multifunctional and interfaces with SAP, and can support many variants on a company’s supplier’s MRP runs.
The benefits of URS/ UIS are:
- Demand forecasting: URS is capable of referring to your companies last 3 years of demand history, to forecast the next 24 months of your optimum supply chain activity. These forecasts are utilised to drive supplier schedules to help achieve the balance of service and cost.
- Exception Management: At the heart of URS is its ability to manage the Supply Chain based on parameters modelled on your data, to give the performance data, senior management require to make real-time decisions. URS does the hard work for your company, presenting only the exceptions in schedules that require intervention.
- Expediting: URS uses the same database of another one of our systems RWS, which is a expediting and supplier management tool. Your Account Managers use RWS to expedite parts, seeing their latest schedules and supplier positions in real time – giving visibility at every level.
- Global Network: URS records demand data at every level of your global supply chain, to form the global requirement for a part. It can then be managed effectively and efficiently down the supply chain, ensuring stock is deployed in a timely, effective manner.
Benefits of implementing UBS:
- Strong Standard SAP functionality with Unipart enhancements
- 24*7*365 Operation and Support
- Major in depth knowledge and experience in both the Business and IT Teams to support and enhance the solutions
- World class systems that manage out waste and give control
- Scalable and cloud based solutions available
Availability-focused solutions to keep your business running
- Improved off the shelf availability
- Reduced number of expedited orders
- Enhanced brand value
- Improved visibility across the supply chain
Combining proven inventory and replenishment systems and processes with vast experience of a diverse client base, we can help you to optimise inventory at all points within the supply chain on a sustainable basis. Our modelling services can point to the best trade-off between customer service, operational cost and inventory investment.
Make your Inventory Management capability first class, contact us to see how we can help your business.