The effective management and control of materials across the supply chain is key to improving customer service, reducing inventory, complying with requirements and cutting operating costs. Stock integrity, however, is often not always given the focus it deserves.
Unipart has significant practical experience of managing large, complex inventories on a global basis across a wide range of business sectors. This means we can help you understand the business processes and systems which impact stock integrity, whilst supporting plans to prioritise quick wins and longer-term opportunities. Where necessary, we can help implement the changes and deliver sustainable business benefits.
UBS Materials Management
Unipart Business System modelling tools help customers make the right high-level decisions and pinpoint where the biggest improvements can be made. They are particularly suited to companies with a wide range of items and item velocities.
Unipart Business System can help you turn that data into information, and speed up the process of managing wide ranges and velocities of materials. Our team have many years of experience in managing global ERP systems, and have developed a system that unifies and builds on SAP based technology to improve end to end Supply Chain Management.
UBS has many years’ experience in managing the ‘procure–to-pay’ process, giving visibility at every level and allows for integration with a forecasting system or stand-alone SAP procurement process. With our Vendor Communication Systems we can support the end to end procurement flow to and from the supplier.
The UBS Material Introduction and Management Interface (MIAMI) uses a traffic light visual system to ensure your Material Master Data is created correctly at the start of the process, key to ensuring data integrity across all business process in an ERP solution.
Purchase Requisition: UBS can simplify the process of managing Purchase Requisitions with the ability to automate requisitions or manually raise them based on demand depending on customer preference.
- Purchase Order: UBS supports many forms of Procurement Types including Standard, Subcontracting, Consignment, Stock Transfer and External Services. We can facilitate multiple complex Purchase Orders and ensure their accuracy through the SAP system.
- Goods Receipt: Our System can support Goods Receipt Management, including Advance Shipping Notifications and Inbound Deliveries allowing planners to immediately see when goods will arrive. SAP supported verification allows control from when supplier invoice is received before vendor payment can be confirmed in Finance.
- Global Replenishment: UBS is able to provide a set of intercompany or intracompany global replenishment requirement. Additionally, replenishment with a 3rd party to global markets is attainable. UBS fully supports repatriation of goods should they no longer be required.
- Production Planning: In-house packing processes use the SAP Production Planning module. Using standard SAP MRP to plan and order packaging material just in time to support the packing line, which is a multi-client line.
Benefits of our Materials Management System:
- Strong Standard SAP functionality with Unipart enhancements
- Visibility at every level
- 24*7*365 Operation and Support
- Major, in-depth knowledge and experience in both the Business and IT Teams to support and enhance the solutions
- Scalable in, volumes, functionality and geography
Combining proven inventory and replenishment systems and processes with vast experience of a diverse client base, we can help you to optimise inventory at all points within the supply chain on a sustainable basis. Our modelling services can point to the best trade-off between customer service, operational cost and inventory investment.
Make your Material Management capability first class, contact us to see how we can help your business.